The Friends established a research endowment fund to support academic studies that assist Park management make informed decisions at the Park.
- Undergraduate and graduate students currently enrolled in an accredited, state of Wisconsin college or university are eligible to apply.
- Generally, project funding up to $1,000 for expenses such as field equipment, research supplies and travel.
- Grant applications are accepted, reviewed and awarded year- round based on funds available.
- Applications must identify a faculty member with whom the student will collaborate.
- Most recipients accept an invitation to present results at a Friends of Peninsula State Park board meeting. Grantees are encouraged to present results at academic or professional venues.
- Housing. A non-electric campsite may be available at no cost with advance notice for short term. We can help you with your housing needs.
- Preference is given to applications that fit “suggested topics” but all applications are welcome.
- For Project Guidelines, Application and Budget Forms, Topics, Criteria, and Expectations, please see Grant Information
- Research Grant Information (Download Printable PDF)
- Research Topics (Download Printable PDF)
- Proposal and Reporting Guidelines (Download Printable PDF)
- Project Application and Budget (Download and Print Application or Download as a Fillable Word document).
Contact: Kathleen Harris, Park Naturalist
Peninsula State Park, 9462 Shore Road, Fish Creek, WI, 54212.
(920) 868-3258. firstname.lastname@example.org.
Past Research Reports and Updates
- 2011. Forest Plant Communities in Response to the White-tailed Deer.
- 2012. Reptile and Amphibian Survey.
- 2012. Compositional Analysis of North Bay Ceramics.
- 2013. Baseline Survey of Iris lacustris.
- Summer 2015 Research Report Update
- Winter 2016 Research Report Update
- 2016. Improving the signage system along the Sunset Bike Route in Peninsula State Park