Preference is given to research proposals that inform management decisions related to Peninsula State Park natural and cultural resources. See Suggested Research Topics.
- Undergraduate or graduate students enrolled in accredited Wisconsin colleges or universities are eligible.
- Proposals should include: 1) an Application and Budget form; and, 2) follow the format and procedure defined in the Proposal and Reporting Guidelines.
- Proposals may be submitted year-round.
- The Research Grant Committee evaluates proposals and makes recommendations to the Friends of Peninsula State Park Board of Directors.
- An acceptance letter and Research Agreement will be sent to selected grant recipients.
- Grants, generally up to $1,000, are usually awarded each calendar year.
- Eligible expenses include supplies, safety gear, administrative costs and travel. See Application and Budget.
- Grant funds are disbursed in two separate payments. Half is awarded at the outset of the project. The remainder is awarded after the Final Report has been approved by the Board of Directors.
- Communicate with the Park Liaison at the beginning of the research project, and routinely thereafter.
- Secure active participation of a faculty member.
- Submit reports following the Proposal and Reporting Guidelines.
- Submit and process all approvals and permits required for the research project in a timely manner that includes advance planning.
- Provide advance notice if state park equipment (excluding vehicles) is requested for use.
- Make transportation and lodging arrangements needed to complete the research project, with guidance from the Park Liaison.
- A state park vehicle admission sticker is required when in the park. A courtesy pass is available free of charge for use in Peninsula State Park but valid only while conducting research.
- Consider Friends of Peninsula State Park’s invitation to present research findings at the organization’s annual meeting.
- Follow all DNR rules and regulations while conducting research at Peninsula State Park.
- Research Grant Information (Download Printable PDF)
- Research Topics (Download Printable PDF)
- Proposal and Reporting Guidelines (Download Printable PDF)
- Project Application and Budget (Download and Print Application or Download as a Fillable Word document).
Contact Kathleen Harris at 9462 Shore Rd, Fish Creek, WI 54212. 920-868-3258. email@example.com.