Peninsula was voted “Best Place to Camp with the Family” in 2015!
The 2015 GOLD SEAL Award contest is sponsored by the Friends of Wisconsin State Parks. The contest was open to all campers, bikers, hunters, hikers, anglers, and park visitors of Wisconsin.
Each year, votes are made by the public, online, at The Friends of Wisconsin State Parks Web site: fwsp.org .
2015 Gold Seal Awards Winners:
- Best trail to view wildflowers – Lapham Peak State Forest
- Best place for a workout – Devil’s Lake State Park
- Best place to camp with the family – Peninsula State Park
- Best trail to ride/hike in the fall – Wyalusing State Park
- Best place to view exhibits – Heritage Hill State Historical Park
- Best place to view fungi – Willow River State Park
- Best place to see migratory birds – Richard Bong SRA
- Best dog beach – Whitefish Dunes State Park
- Best accessible picnic area – Gov. Dodge State Park
- Best place to find winter wildlife tracks – Gov. Thompson State Park
The awards will be presented to a representative for each of the winning categories during the 19th Annual Awards Banquet which will be held at Monona Terrace in Madison on Saturday – Nov. 14, 2015, from 5-8:30 pm.