Ron Preston, San Carolos Apache and Headman Dancer at Gathering of Nations, will present his first dance in full regalia, complete with colorful ribbons and loud bells. Park visitors will see several of his sacred artifacts and learn their meanings. After Ron’s performance, visitors will learn traditional uses of Peninsula plants. Children will have the option of creating art and playing games based on native lore.
A Day with Ron Preston
Saturday, July 20, 2013
- Sunrise Service at Peninsula’s Memorial Pole
- Native American Dancing at 10 AM
- Evening Campfire
- Programs free and open to the public
- WI State Park vehicle sticker required
Friends of Peninsula State Park are seeking donations to offset program expenses. You can donate using the bottom below. Please consider:
- A cash donation. Donations can be made by check payable to FPSP and mailed to FPSP, PO Box 502, Fish Creek, WI 54212 or by using the button below. Donations of $100 or more will be listed as program supporters in all media. Donations may be tax deductible.
- Complimentary lodging on Friday and Saturday, July 19 and 20.
- Complimentary lunch on Saturday.
If you need additional information call Park Naturalist Kathleen Harris at 920-868-3258.